United Nations Global Compact
John While Group (S) Pte Ltd promotes and adheres to the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact.
The Global Compact asks companies to embrace, support and enact, within their sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labour standards, the environment and anti-corruption.
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. the effective abolition of child labour; and
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
For more information visit Beijer-Alma code of conduct
The Supplier Ethical Data Exchange – Sedex
Sedex has 2 main aims:
a. to ease the burden on suppliers facing multiple audits, questionnaires and certifications and
b. to drive improvements in the ethical performance of global supply chains
John While Springs (S) Pte Ltd is a member of Sedex, the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange. Sedex provides member companies with a secure web-based platform for storing and sharing information on four key pillars: health and safety, labour standards, business integrity and the environment.
Sedex is not a standard setting body and doesn’t approve or certify our policies and standards. Instead, becoming a member of Sedex is a sign of John While’s willingness to share information and to utilize this information to help manage and improve ethical standards with the supply chain.
For more information visit www.sedexglobal.com